Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Fried Chicken c/o Mr Chicken

A few weeks back, before Christmas, I had quite the hankering for fried chicken. What I really wanted was a juicy drumstick and a crispy breast...but I didn't have the time or wherewithal to venture far in my quest. So I decided to try Mr. Chicken. I ordered their eight piece tender deal...they only had tenders and wings, and certainly couldn't finish all of it. Their horseradish mayo and honey mustard dipping sauces were pretty good. It satiated my need but it didn't entirely quench the vision. What? I am tired.

3 comments:

nc catherine said...

So this isn't the place reviewed by Washington Post a couple of years ago is it? The place that has only fried chicken and they run out by like 11:56 AM?

The resident teen had her frying lesson on Christmas. Pretty good results altho I don't think she is ready to fry solo yet. We missed you. She decided that the whole process of monitoring and turning was too tedious and she hauled up a stool to set her butt on, to sit by the stove and space out. Reminded me that she needed to do this again but with a chair nearby. Not suffering for her chicken art...apparently.

Ted said...

"Quench the Vision" is my new motto for 2010.

Ted said...

Crap, I meant 2011! That comment did not quench the vision. This could be a long year....