Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcoming in 2011 with Champagne and Catan

After dinner M. and I, at one point, thought it would be fun to fall backwards into the snow drift outside the house. Turns out that's not a good idea. If we could stand on it, why did we think it would be a soft landing spot for our bodies? Man it hurt my head. But the drift was still really neat. I walked along its tippy top.

While we waited for the midnight hour we played Catan, and then the time came and more champagne was poured.
Huzzah.

A.'s dad collects pocket knives. He said I could choose from any of these as a gift. There were so many nice pocket knives. The last pocket knife I had was a Swiss Army Knife. But early after the 9/11 stuff it was confiscated in the Nashville Airport. Guess which one I chose.
We played Seafarers with the island hexes face down, so where you were going was a mystery until you got there. A.'s brother was red. He won. I was blue.

No comments: