Sunday, January 09, 2011

Turkey, Ham and Cheese Primo Hoagie

In my earliest years of working in Philadelphia, all members of the office were under the collective assumption that Primo's didn't deliver. This made having their fare for lunch during the busy season an especially nice treat, as it required someone to actually go into Center City proper and pick up the goods when every minute not in front of the computer was a moment longer you would have to stay at work. Since we realized that they would, in fact, deliver, the frequency of Primo's sandwiches in my life has exploded. While they are consistently good, they are no longer transcendent to me; Primo's hoagies have, in a sense, become pedestrian to me. By that I mean, they no longer blow me away with their awesome combination of bread, meat, cheese and those indomitable long hots. I show respect for the sandwich, but I am not in awe of the sandwich.
The dragon doesn't really feel the same way. It particularly cares for the pickles. Anybody else have the experience of literally eating too much of a good thing?

No comments: