Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Salty Squid and Udon c/o Pagoda Noodle Cafe

Another day L. and I made plans to have dinner and then watch a movie. We went to Pagoda Noodle Cafe. I ordered their fried squid and pepper appetizer that was billed as spicy but was really just salty...but not entirely in a bad way.
I ordered the roast pork and seafood dumpling soup with udon. I really liked the dumplings and noodles. Probably could have done without the pork. I could have added more hot sriracha/pepper sauce.
Definitely an alright/cheap place to grab grub before going to the Ritz, which is exactly what we did. We had decided on Black Swan, which L. hadn't realized had a 'trippy' element to it and I hadn't realized would be ruined by my reading of most of the movie's reviews. I think I have this stubborn streak in me that makes it very hard for me to be impressed by things that other people are impressed by. It's not because I think I'm smarter than the work, no, it's that I think the work is smarter than me but that doesn't make me feel stupid as much as annoyed. Stubborn stupidity. Anyway. At least now I have an opinion to share with others at cocktail parties. Because I go to a lot of cocktail parties.

No comments: