Saturday, January 22, 2011

Catan, Champagne and Smoked Salmon

A.'s brother C. and I spent a good amount of time constructing an original Catan board. It resulted in a good game, which I lost. I forget whether M. or C. won.
We all had a particularly hard time opening a certain bottle of wine. C. tried. A. tried. M. tried by leveraging the bottle against the floor, and then I succeeded. Yes, yes, all their efforts resulted in it being very easy for me ... or I am exceptionally strong. Believe what you want to believe.
I really should have taken the time to color balance these.
Throughout the weekend many would sit down at the nine million pieced (hyperbole) Monet puzzle that M. gave A. for Christmas. Ugh. I think I put two pieces together. I'm not an abstract, really hard puzzle-piecer-togetherer. As the soup M. and A. made was coming together, we snacked on a generous platter of smoked salmon with gluten and gluten-free bread, eggs, onions and creme fraiche.

And champagne.

No comments: