Saturday, October 31, 2009

Walking in the Dry Leads to Walking in the Wet

Last Saturday, though I had gone to sleep only four hours before, I woke up by 8:30 and did my weekend work by 10. I took the thirty second glimpse of sun on the deck as a sign that the neverending rain had passed and that I could take a walk without needing an umbrella, so I went for it. This parking area by the nearby police station is always such a strange mess, and I wonder what it's like in that tunnel.

This tree caught my fancy. Mainly because it is so clearly awesome in its colors and texture.

It's a camouflage tree, blending in with itself.
I started heading in the direction of Kelly Drive when it began to lightly rain, but I was okay with that. But the light rain became a steady rain so that I had to turn back, my shirt was already soaked and I was not enjoying it. Sigh. It's rainy today as well, and I really had hoped that yesterday's lack of precipitation was a sign of better things to come. Yes, it's going to be warm, but what is the use of that if your shoes squeak with water? I should do all sorts of productive things (fold my laundry, get my car checked, write, take a walk, stop being such a crazy person, go grocery shopping, eat pho, etc) but here I am, blogging and ho-humming my way through the morning. Ak lent me her first season of How I Met Your Mother and I am supremely tempted to throw my hands up in the air, climb back into bed and spend the next nine million hours in awe of Neal Patrick Harris. I'm shaking my head at my own inherent lame-ness.

No comments: