Monday, October 26, 2009

Catan-errific

Last weekend A2 texted me and let me know that Catan playing was about to go down at his and Ak's abode. I jumped on that bandwagon real quick and hurried myself right on over. It was a four person game, three of us knowing how to play, one newbie. The board that formed had clear challenges, but we figured we'd play a few rounds to let the newbie get a hang of it and then restart the board. But somehow we never restarted the board, which made for quite the challenging game. If I recall correctly, I was constantly in need of wheat, wood and ore. It was still good to play. I always forget how many rules there are to tell an iniate about, but it seems like she got the hang of it in the end. I did not win. A2's friend J. nearly did but, if I recall correctly, A2 clinched it in the end (I was blue).
On Sunday A2 texted and asked if I was interested in a rematch. To which I replied 'always,' because it's true: I love games, especially Catan. This is a picture of the jungle outside of their house.
This time there were only three of us, which made for a slightly faster game and a little more maneuverability of the board.
We played two games, neither of which I won, which made me weep and weep. Not really. Well, a little on the inside. No, not really.
Then J. left to catch a bus and A2 and I watched the new Star Trek movie, which I had been meaning to see but never quite did. Go me. It was a lovely late afternoon and evening.

No comments: