Friday, October 23, 2009

Delivery c/o Trio

Our card playing and beer drinking, to put it simply, ran kind of late, and I was a bit out of commission the next day. I did, however, have to go to work for a bit, but after that I knew my day was going to be some sort of delivery food and a few good movies. I ordered from Trio, because I wanted Thai food and hadn't tried their fare. I ordered their Tom Yum soup and Pad Thai. I know, not very original, but my thought is this: if they can do the basics/inauthentic things in an interesting and satisfying way then it would be worth trying their more exotic/complicated dishes. The soup was quite pleasing, very lemongrass-y. I'm beginning to think that my expectation of straw mushrooms is silly, as the last three places from which I have ordered this soup have all given a button form. Weird.
The Pad Thai was better than my last Thai delivery experience, but not too exciting. It may be that the dish itself is not that exciting and so I should get over it. Ah well.
I keep meaning to do a movie/tv/book round up but it's gotten so long that I can't imagine that I would care about it, let alone anyone else. That said, I watched Away We Go and Unbottled (Uncorked?), and maybe even a third movie that escapes me. Sigh.

No comments: