Sunday, October 11, 2009

Duck Tacos c/o Adobe Cafe

After my walk I returned home, regrouped, and then went to the King of Prussia mall for an epic amount of shopping (though I actually only came home with two new pairs of pants, two sweaters, a bra and two DVDs). Once my consumerism was completed I drove to J. and J.'s for dinner. We ended up going to The Adobe Cafe.
We shared a pitcher of beer and he-J ordered nachos, which were quite tasty. I ordered duck tacos.
They were good, though there was a moment where I felt like the meat tasted more like chicken. Service was quite good until the end. Our server disappeared and the kids were getting antsy and there was no check in sight.
N. and S. were in fine form that evening. N. is now speaking a lot more, and stringing together sentences, so that's pretty revolutionary.


We walked back to their house where I was tempted by limoncello. And by tempted I mean that I had a glass, and liked it very much.
A big thanks goes out to S. for suggesting I come over for dinner, and another thanks goes out to J. and J. for the always great company, dinner and libations.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

I love limoncella! An Italian guy makes it, neighbor of a friend, and whenever he gives her some I beg unashamedly! I even looked up how to make it, but I lost interest at the skin only no pith lemon peel tedium. Maybe in another life of more patience or a better lemon zester or something. But definitely up there on the yummy drink yumometer!

cc said...

Ah yes. he-J. certainly used to make his own, I'm not actually sure whether this was the case. The ebf became a maker of the stuff as well, which was quite lovely while it lasted.