Monday, October 05, 2009

Foggy Morning Walk and Dim Sum c/o Joy Tsin Lau

On Sunday I walked on over to Chinatown to meet up with the parents for dim sum. It was a rainy, foggy day.


The nasty weather didn't phase me though, not with dim sum on the horizon.
Their fry cart dumplings continue to please me greatly. The shumai were also quite satisfactory.
All sorts of stuff wrapped in thin bean curd, loves it.
Shrimp stuffed in tofu, not as good as I had hoped.
Egg custard tarts for dessert. Mmmm, egg custard tarts, mmmm.

2 comments:

nc catherine said...

Oh my. Such treats! There is a wild rumor here that a mostly Thai place is providing dim sum on Sundays at a brunch-ish time of day. We are thinking about going and crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. Imagine, dim sum here!!! Wow be still my heart!

nc catherine said...

We tried, it was lame, our one and only dim sum ish thing here; it only made me long for a real Chinatown dim sum experience. Ah me. So the teenager was game and thought the (few) choices were good, but the jaded mom thought they were all more or less flavorless and more or less too stupid for words. Sigh. The quest continues. I might have to force myself to look farther afield, venture to Raleigh or gulp Charlotte...what a really stupid reason to go to either place! Would need to heave in some serious other distractions...nah can't imagine. So I will wait til we get ourselves to Philadelphia or beyond...then it will all be a dim sum eatathon!