Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thomas Takes Us For A Ride/I Forgot How I Like To Take Pictures of People

On Saturday morning, I drove out to Roxborough to meet up with J. and her kids S. and N. The plan was to go out to Strasbourg, PA to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine. We had tickets for the 10:15 am departure (the actual train 'trip' was about 20 minutes) but we didn't end up getting there until around 10:45...there was a level of stress to this since the tickets said they were only valid for the specific time...thankfully things were a bit more flexible and we were able to take the 11:15 trip instead.
S. is a big fan of trains, you see.


I couldn't stop taking pictures.
Brothers can't get along all the time.


I think S. is watching the conductor here, waiting for his ticket to be punched.



My favorite picture of the group.

It's so hard to be a baby.


Yo Thomas, whazzup?




We also met Sir Toppum Hat (spelling?) and were surrounded by hordes of children and their parents. This all took place in Amish country...lots of horses and buggies and clothing on laundry lines. I think the next time I need to get out of town for a night, I'll go west and surround myself with fields and Amish people.

Thanks to J. for the day out!

1 comment:

Ted said...

That is awesome.