Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner c/o 10 Arts

The last few years my parents have come to me for the my birthday/Thanksgiving holidays, and I have (with a lot of assistance) made Thanksgiving dinner for us. Of course we were stronger in numbers in Chicago, and, well, yeah....so I didn't make Thanksgiving dinner this year. Instead we went to 10 Arts for their Thanksgiving monster of a buffet. It turns out that the meal was not served in the main dining room. But complimentary champagne did welcome us.
And all sorts of 'stations'. There was the omelet/eggs Benedict station, and the meat station (turkey, lamb chops, sea bass and beef tenderloin), a salad station, a potatoes hot veggies station, a dessert station and....
A seafood station.
Smoked salmon, caviar, shrimp crab claws, sushi and oysters were all in attendance (heh, it was a seafood party!).

I don't even want to talk about it.
It was good. We took it slow, taking nice pauses between plates. Well, slight pauses.
Oh and a cheese/fruit station.
There was also a dessert station but I never quite made it there since they brought me a little trio of desserts from its shores (I don't know what's going on with my language skills) in honor of my birthday of the day before.
We were properly stuffed when we left. My father, upon arriving home, took a nap or read a book while my mother and I took a bit of a stroll around the neighborhood. A good and quiet Thanksgiving. The two events (my b-day and Thxgiving) were pretty subdued this year. It felt like a birthday and less like Thanksgiving than it has in a long while, or ever. This wasn't necessarily bad but it certainly was different.

No comments: