Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Themes Continued

I've been sort of passively watching Gossip Girl off and on since it went on air last year. Lately I've become a little more regular in my watching...switching less back and forth between How I Met Your mother and it (I just watch HIMYM later on hulu) and staying on the CW. Today one of my coworkers initiated this conversation, and I finally understood one element behind my choice...
cw (coworker) says:
are you in love with chuck bass even more now?
cc says:
um, oh my god, that pale skin
cc says:
that hatred fire pain in his eyes
cw says:
and his stumbling
cc says:
his grabbing blair's arm and looking all cried out
cc says:
sigh
cw says:
i hope he doesn't jump off the roof
cw says:
that would really kill the show for me
cc says:
i bet there's a porch right below it, or something
cc says:
i wouldn't really watch it without chuck bass
cw says:
no me either
cc says:
wow, the sheer truth of that statement kind of amazes me...like i sit through all the rest of it just for him. (this is what I like to call a telepiphany)
cc says:
i wonder if that's how girls felt when they watched 21 jump street (just waiting for Johnny Depp to appear)
cw says:
haha, i have no idea what that is
cc says:
you are so young
cc says:
Here's what I don't get. Why is it that Chuck Bass is so strangely appealing? I mean, he's not a good person.
cc says:
Would you actually, in real life, want to hang out with/kiss/etc a guy like that?
cw says:
but he secretly is
cc says:
but not really.
cw says:
he burned the lily thing
cc says:
Is it that small bit of goodness it?
cw says:
because he wanted a family
cw says:
he is only bad because his dad was evil
cc says:
That maybe I, or you, or girls, like to think about how that spark of goodness could be directed at them...thus who cares how bad he is to everybody else?
cw says:
although in real life these guys are always bad
cc says:
Exactly.
cw says:
and then girls will go for them and try to tame their baddness
cc says:
They're not bad/good.
cc says:
They're bad.
cw says:
but they are always bad and then girls swoon and love them, and try to to love the mean out of them
cw says:
basically boys are dumb
cc says:
and we'd like them to be cruel
cc says:
but not to us
cw says:
but we can't help but fall in love with chuck bass even if we have the foresight to know he is bad
cc says:
he is so bad.
cc says:
i just want to hug him
cc says:
and have him buy me something pretty
cc says:
and drink too much
cc says:
and then go to strip club in Cabo
cw says:
and buy bottle service
cc says:
!
cw says:
and take me in his limo
cc says:
and pick out his purple striped suits' ties and handkerchiefs
cw says:
indeed.

No comments: