Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Themes

The Sunday my parents departed, I went out to the Manayunk movie theater to watch Twilight. This is what happened...I found it cheesy, I found the acting terrible, I found the book (which was not all that subtle) so much more nuanced than the movie...and then I left the theater wanting nothing more than to make out with a vampire who wants to protect me from their (and their vampire peers') desire to kill me.
I've been asking the few guys I know this question. If you are a guy, you are encouraged to leave a comment.

If girls watch that movie and sort of wish that they could be victims in order to be made out with my uber attractive vampires...what do guys wish when they watch? To be in that same role, only saved by a lady vampire? To be the man vampire/to have a girl who is incapable of taking care of herself? Something else entirely? Let me know.

3 comments:

J said...

I think there may just be a reason guys don't watch this movie...

cc said...

a)depends on the kind of guy

and more importantly

b)doesn't change the fundamental question...do guys want to be put in the role of savior even if, really, it goes against the general fiber of their personalities? (for example, a dude who has never been in a fight and yet yearns at the idea of defending a girl's honor)?

I have not worked out the kinks of my question, but, I swear, it's interesting.

J said...

I'd have to go with yes, most guys want to be the savior. I don't think I know of any guys who'd want to be rescued.