Saturday, December 13, 2008

Chinese Food c/o Long River

After all the Thomas fun, I hung out with J., S. and N. for a while at their home before heading home. It's funny to think that I first met J. when I was, sheesh, 19 and she 22ish. I guess we've both grown up a fair amount since working at a second-rate (in my mind, I think our customers thought it was great) coffee shop. Eventually, however, I did need to get home. I forget why. Oh yes, so I could order Chinese food and watch Iron Man. Speaking of which....way to nail it/keep it real Salon, I totally agree! I had the sweet and sour soup, vegetable dumplings and roast pork ho fun noodles. For a grand total of $14 (plus delivery tip) and many additional meals (well, not for the soup, that was gone after two meals).
I was not overly fond of the veggie version of their steamed dumplings. They were crowded in their container and their filling was pretty moist, which resulted in a bit of a mess on subsequent eating experiences.
There wasn't enough pork with my noodles, sorry to say. But, whatever, Robert Downey Junior is sexy.

1 comment:

spacedlaw said...

I love the Chinese steamed Dim Sun.
(Hi, dropped in via Daily Snaps. I think. Greetings from Italy)