Monday, November 17, 2008

Sushi c/o Bluefin c/o J. & J.

On Saturday, after driving home in the rain, I continued onward (also after a nap) to J. and J.'s for dinner. They ordered sushi from their most recent favorite restaurant, Bluefin. There were a number of rolls and I think trout as well as ikura, white tuna and spicy tuna. Considering J. and S. had to pick it up and drive it back, it was pretty gosh darned good. I can only imagine how it would taste if eaten in-house. I love sushi. I need to eat more of it.
You can't really see them, but S. has magic chopsticks that stay together even if one doesn't have the most dexterous of hands.

Oh ikura, how I love your little individual briny salty pops of wonder.
There was also a Japanese beer, the bottles of which had an owl on them...Hitachino.
And for dessert, giant cookies. I tried to compare the size of the cookie to S.' head but he didn't really get the whole 'stay still' thing. The cookies had chocolate chunks, dried cherries and had a slight sprinkle of salt on top. The cookies did not come from the restaurant, but I forget where the did come from. My bad.
It was a lovely evening. Thanks to J. and J. for the invitation, company and dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I need sushi in a bad way. Lovely assortment. I think I may have to take myself at lunch on hmmm Thursday to the local sushi place here where we were met with sushi successes. Of course I have been since you were here last but there is that awful possibility that it won't meet my expectations...gotta try tho!

I know those magic chopsticks, we have two pairs here, one a whale thingy and one a...wait what? hmmm star thingy? They are bouncy and don't come apart. The shapes are nice too.

We had a (false) prediction of snow flurries. I am so surprised that the schools were not delayed or postponed in anticipation of a flake or three. Winter bah. Can I just say I hate being cold, I hate paying the heat bill, I will be so glad when this semester is OVER??? I am too old for this stuff.

cc said...

Take yourself! Take yourself! Take me with you! Oh, wait, you live way too far away from me for that to work out.

It snowed for a hot minute here yesterday, one of my coworkers---in a state of confusion---actually thought the flakes were pollen for a second. If only...I have no allergies and pollen would suggest goodness.