Wednesday, November 05, 2008

By The Way

Barack Obama won the election last night. I stood in no lines to vote. And I am so glad. Though I wonder what's going to happen now, all these people united for this one man, each and every one with a different expectation of what he can accomplish? I would like to see people coming together more, finding ways to hold a belief without forcing it upon another. Finding a way out of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan would also be pretty cool. And a magical way to avoid any more seriously long-term and even more detrimental blows to our economy. And what about Proposition 8...that's pretty fucked, if you'll excuse my language.

That said, sincerely I am still hopeful and glad.

1 comment:

claire said...

I was talking to my mom about prop 8 (as she lives in LA, and should explain to me how something like this could have happened) and she said it was mostly because Obama got out the black and hispanic voters, many of whom are catholic/religious and don't believe in gay marriage. so really, it's all Obama's fault.

It'll get appealed. don't worry. so says my mom.