Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lackluster

On Sunday I was still feeling pretty awful. My mother emailed me with the general message of: stay put, don't go anywhere, don't do anything, just rest. Now, for those of you who know me...well, that's what I'd like to do most all of the time. So my plans for grocery shopping and laundry-doing were nixed in favor of ordering Chinese food and lying on the sofa, watching-crap, what did I watch? Oh yes, Made of Honor...it kind of was crap, but good hearted crap featuring that new doctor on Grey's Anatomy, talk about dreamy...or Mc'Post Traumatic Sexy? Anyways I ordered wonton soup and a dish called 'Fried Bean Curd and Broccoli'. Those of you who know me, or have followed this blog throughout the years, will know I am in a continuous search for a Chinese restaurant that makes this dish to my liking (having had it made to my liking for years in Red Hook, NY). This place did not make it to my liking, so much so I'm not even going to bother with a photograph. I believe the restaurant's name was Mandarin Garden and nothing about its food will make me order again. Sigh.

No comments: