Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dinner c/o Monk's Cafe

Last Friday I met up with N. at Monk's Cafe. We patiently stood by the crowded bar for a pretty good bit of time, like 20 minutes maybe longer? N. got there first and I'm pretty sure his wait beat mine by an extra 20. I don't know. Monk's is known for its beer and its burgers. I had both. I tried to wit, or white, beers while munching on my Burger Antwerp (burger+truffle cheese+shitaki mushrooms). We also shared a basket of fries. The burger was so rich and satisfying, I couldn't quite finish it though I really, really wanted to. The mushroom element was not really my scene, I thought about asking them not to put them on the burger in the first place but I thought I'd try it their way...next time I'd ask for the cheese and the cheese alone. N. either had the Monk's (carmalized leeks and blue cheese) topping or the Brussels (cheddar and bacon), I don't know which.
It was worth the wait, and tasty.

No comments: