Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sigh

So the busy season has un-busied itself for the time being, the result of which is group lunch at work. We bring our own lunch, but we sit together and try to think of new and exciting things to tell each other...not an easy task when you see each other five days a week (and sometimes more). About half an hour before these gatherings, a IM is circulated about the time we will break. At this point I suddenly desire a sandwich. Often enough I fight this urge through necessity (no money or no sandwich fixings) but sometimes it can't be fought. This happened last week when L. suggested that she was ready for her first Wawa experience. I suggested that I was ready for my first Spring Garden Deli experience and L. acquiesced and came along. The place is special...half convenience store half diner, it doesn't seem to really use its space very well. We went up to the counter to order take out, a woman placed a plate of cheese fries in front of a man sitting at a nearby table-they looked good. I had an Italian hoagie. I forget what L. ordered. The place doesn't take credit cards. Oh, and it makes really bland hoagies. This we realized once back at the office. Eh. I might go back for cheese fries, but not their deli offerings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's dragon anonymous? I miss it.

cc said...

The dragon will return, Huckleberry, no worries. I was just trying out the zen dude...you may not be able to see this/I may not have demonstrated it properly, but he has a happy face setting and a sad face setting.

But he doesn't really give off the same mischevious (I can't seem to spell that word right now) vibe as the dragon, you are correct.

Anonymous said...

I was not trying to bash the zen guy -- he's cute. I just wanted to express the enjoyment I derive from the dragon's boisterous interaction with food. Or, simply put: I really like dragon anonymous...