Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Phillies Cakerphinalia & My First Wawa Meal

A few of my coworkers have been committed Phillies fans for real. So, on the eve of another World Series game, my coworker M. brought in Phillies inspired cupcakes. The dragon was for Tampa Bay, but still wanted a piece. The same day of the cupcakes, I was jonesing for a sandwich (almost every day I jones for a sandwich...or a magical, beautiful, perfect hoagie) and it was suggested that I try Wawa's food wares. I ordered an Italian on one of those touch screens, magical in their way (mostly because you start picturing the perfect sandwich on the basis of summary descriptions of low quality meats, cheeses, breads and condiments, on a convenience store's interactive ordering equipment. My sub was poorly, poorly made. You think Subway's sloppy? Yeah, well this Wawa had nothing on any of the Subways I've ever visited in my life, and that's (when I think about it) a pretty large number of locations. The dragon fell over in disgust, as you can see here--it's mid-fall.

No comments: