Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fall Sidewalk, Roasted Chicken & Chipotle Soup

On Saturday I went grocery shopping. The sidewalks looked like this.
At the grocery store I bought the necessary ingredients for this soup. Then I went home and made it. My one change to the recipe was instead of 10 cups water, I did 5 cups water, 5 cups chicken stock.
On Sunday I roasted a chicken. And watched a movie, I think. What movie? Oh yes, Forgetting Sarah Marshall...that movie made me chuckle. The chicken was not as good as chickens I have roasted in the past. I used a different mix of herbs and butter instead of my standard cilantro butter magic.

Over the course of the last week I ate the soup and chicken in different combinations. I put some left over chicken into a bowl of soup and added cheddar cheese, that was a successful combination. I plan on making the soup again. I'm thinking I might add a secondary bean, and maybe corn or coconut milk or magic?

No comments: