Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Love The Ocean But I Should Really Bring A Chair

I spent the night in Point Pleasant, New Jersey. It was silly.
The next day I drove to a beach state park to learn it had a $5 fee I couldn't afford (ie I had no cash), so I went to another beach and didn't have a chair and I don't know, I 'm a loser. Then I drove through Tom's River, NJ, got lost for the nine millionth time, asked for directions to Double Trouble State Park and, just as I passed its first exit, it began to torrentially rain. Sons of bitches.

The ocean is an amazing thing. I was tempted to just walk in....but it would have been very cold, and the action would have been interpreted as vaguely suicidal and that wouldn't have done me, or anyone else, any good. But seriously, the ocean is a big ol' thing and even when you know it's cold and not friendly, you can find yourself staring at it in a way that seems hypnotic and pulling you in...unless you get so pulled in that suddenly your feet are wet, then it's problematic. What? You know, I have no idea. Most of the shells I saw seemed more like shells of fishermen's bait, but I did bring one shell home with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave you the chair I bought when I covered the same ground because I knew you would want it if you went to the beach...and the sand mat... mc

cc said...

That's true, you did. But I forgot it in my closet.