Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Farmer's Market Concord Grapes

The last time I had Concord grapes I was equally as taken by them. They are what artificial grape flavor aspires to be...only real. It's funny to me that it's actually the skin and outer juices that are the sweetest, while the lovely little gelatinous sac that protects the seeds is bitter. I believe I understand the biological purpose of this design. These grapes came from the Wednesday farmer's market that is a few blocks away from my work. Just wait until you see what other treat I got.

3 comments:

supertaster said...

I bought concord grapes @ the farmer's mkt too, recently! Very sweet & good, actually too sweet. but brought back my childhood. We didn't eat the skins though, just squeezed all the juice and pulp into our mouths ...

cc said...

Then did you not eat the gelatinous part either? I like the whole experience...too sweet, too sour, too sweet, too sour...if you get the right rhythm to eating them you get these moments of just right.

Anonymous said...

Supertaster is on the money, it's like crawfish: Suck da head, squeeze da tip, yeah you right. Throw away that skin!