Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dim Sum c/o Joy Tsin Lau, Part 2

After my shopping, I met up with my N. and his visiting friends for dim sum at Joy Tsin Lau.
The last time I ate dim sum at Joy Tsin Lau, we were put in an awkward corner at the front of the restaurant, right by a wall of dingy aquariums. At the end of the meal I realized that my purse and jacket, which had been placed on the floor, were soaked as a result of this seating. This time around we were wedged in a corner right by the water station, away from the main concourse of carts and constantly knocking elbows with one another and the waitstaff. It was not ideal. I'd like to think it wasn't because we were white, but the number of times I've been given a crap-tastic table at dim sum makes me have to consider the possibility that race is a factor. Not that there's anything wrong with that, in this case, except that it pisses me off when I need binoculaurs to see the food carts.

I hadn't been overly fond of Joy Tsin Lau's shrimp dumplings in the last go round, but this time they were great. We also ordered the amazing dumplings from the live fry cart...still meaty with a wonderful lemongrass undertone. Good all around.

No comments: