Friday, October 10, 2008

Lunch c/o Zorba's Taverna

On Tuesday (I think) we ordered from Zorba's for lunch. I chose to have taramasalata and a Greek salad. The Greek salad had a total of one olive. Sigh. I don't know what's proper, but I know that my conception of the dish is laden with Kalamatas. The taramasalata wasn't too exciting either. I don't know where it was that I had really good Tarama (that was Zorba's wording, they also said it was the "authentic Greek Taramasalata"), but I feel like at least once I've had this appetizer where the caviar was intact. What I mean is lots of tiny little caviar eggs popping in my mouth, rolling on the tongue and bathed in creaminess (Zorba's says it's olive oil, bread, lemon and potato, in addition to the fish caviar). The texture of the dip was a compelling asset that was missing in this rendition. Ah the expectations one forms for certain dishes.
The dragon kept his distance from the taramasalata.
The pita was quite lovely, soft and warm even.
The dragon was more enchanted by the salad. It, too, expected more olives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.. that is so funny, yet cute how you have that little orange guy on all your food in every entry. Love it. =)