Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I Think I'm Turning Indian

A good number of my clients are Indian. A good number of meals I have while at work are Indian. I feel that I may be turning Indian. Not really. Some time last week, Monday probably, the office ordered Indian for lunch. I believe I ordered the lamb curry lunch special. It came with a very tasty chickpea veggie curry kind of dish and rice.
It has gotten to the point where (it's funny how I continue to write how I like to write even though I tell people all day to write some other way) the Indian restaurant will call us and ask us how our meals were...if we missed a day. They're eager to keep our business, you see, because we've become ridiculous regulars. One meal, sometimes two, a day. It's obscene. The dragon continues not to give an ef.

4 comments:

tb said...

Those sorts of food relationships are very important. There was a Thai place in Michigan where I ate 2 to 3 times a week, for about a year and a half, and I was usually able to wrangle a group to follow me. Then when I told the owner I was leaving Michigan he gave me a free rice pudding.

It reminded me of the crepe stand at the market in Galway, where I ate every weekend for 4 months, and then got a free Christmas crepe.

Yes. Yes, you have to eat at these places all the time. It makes the food better. And realer. Or something. Yum.

cc said...

Yeah, we get complimentary rice pudding constantly. And, one time, these weird honey balls.

Anonymous said...

I love your dragon. Have you given it a name yet?

cc said...

I have not named the dragon, no. Perhaps it could be a new poll!