Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shopping, White Cats and Not Living According to Your Principles

That Saturday I had to get a few things for a wedding that I was going to be attending (that I went to just this past Saturday, actually, and I'd like to get the photos up before the wedded couple celebrates their fifth wedding anniversary but I just don't know if I can post that many blog entries in one sitting) and, unfortunately, this involved Wal-Mart. Whatever, I think Wal-Mart's evil and all, and I know I should live according to my principles...but sometimes you just want to buy something that you need, for which other places charge you $50, for $30. I'm a terrible person. This Wal-Mart is along the river (I couldn't tell you which one, the Delaware maybe?) south of South Street by a little ways, nearby is also a grocery store, an unhelpful and stupid Home Depot, and Ikea, a Target and a Marshalls. It's a regular shopping mecca, and yet at the edge of all this commerce is this river.
Old docks and factories. White cats. Birds. It's not exactly a pretty landscape but it is somehow striking. And I hardly ever see white cats, I'm not particularly fond of how they look. But that might just be because I've never met a white cat that I've liked? Enough about cats.
I think the other side of the river is New Jersey. Maybe Delaware? It looks like a pile of gravel or sand there in the distance. Is it a cement factory? I should do research on these sorts of things.

No comments: