Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Indian Appetizers and Gala Apples

Above: Another work lunch from King of Tandoor. I only ordered a piece of naan but the restaurant sent us treats, and I sampled one. I can't remember what they were called. The dragon was certainly curious. Then to the farmer's market. I believe I bought myself some Gala apples. In the past I've managed to get to an orchard for apple season, buy a hell of a lot of apples, and make apple sauce. This year, I'm not sure that will happen. Not all the apple sauce from last year was eaten. There was some of it in my mother's freezer, but I forgot it when I left and she'd been asking me to take it for months. I want no apple to suffer that same plight. Plus it's a fair amount of work to peel and core a bushel of apples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dragon, methinks, needs a name.

cc said...

I don't know, I kind of like that it's 'the dragon'. That's how I think of it. Unlike my car, that I regularly introduce to people by its full name (Duckie, Ambassador Iron Face). Why, what do you think its name should be?