Thursday, August 16, 2007

Phad Thai

So I got back on Tuesday. Mousehead and Exploded Viewer were kind enough to pick me up. We made our way slowly back from O'Hare (highway traffic was slow so we got off the highway and took Lawrence from far, far away). Then the two of them were kind enough to buy me a dinner of Thai delivery...they ate as well. There is some strange thing about Thai food...I often have an entirely difficult time taking photographs of it...not compositionally but in hand steadiness...countless, countless times I have had this same experience. And Tuesday night was no exception...this is the best photograph I could manage. Is it that I'm always eating Thai food in exceptionally low lit situations (this time out on the front porch with one lamp at night time)? Maybe. I had Pad Thai with shrimp...though I know that is considered by some as an entirely Thai dish...and I liked it. I think we got it from Thai Pastry.

I am not all that excited to be back in Chicago. It's loud here and full of crazy people and I've forgotten how to walk around the city. The exact position of my eyes and pacing. Basically, in Tennessee I walked with not so many of my guards up. And now all the things to guard against are being remembered. And they're gross. Well, not gross really.

Today I tried doing a transcribing test for a possible job. But these damn fighter jets are practicing for their big airs how this weekend (I assume and plead that it is this weekend) and they really make listening to a focus group discuss cell phones very hard to hear. So, I may try this again when, at least, the planes have stopped their sonic booming.

No comments: