Friday, August 24, 2007

It Ain't Easy

If you google image search "It Ain't Easy" this is one of the images that pops up. It's a pregnant lady with a shirt that says: "It ain't easy being queazy". I always thought queazy was spelled queasy. And, according to blogger's spell check I am correct.
Here is what's not easy:

1. Learning that the one firm job opportunity you had was gone (the Savannah people decided not to hire me).

2. Searching about for more possible jobs, getting so desperate you apply to something that you wouldn't otherwise apply for, getting a message from that job, thinking (for some unknown reason) that it would be a good idea to google the phone number and finding things like this and this.

3. The ebf coming to Chicago to collect a fair amount of his stuff and generally feeling sad and a bit mad about the whole thing. My feeling sad, not him. Though he was probably sad too.

4. Paying bills and thinking about rent when I have yet to even find temporary employment.

5. Imagining terrible futures involving the inability to ever find work, pay off my student loans, finish my novel, get married, have children, go on vacation or dine out ever again.

On the up side it's stopped raining and things always get better.

1 comment:

J said...

I obviously don't have any advice, but all I can say is the summer is almost over. As arbitrary as that is, maybe fall will bring less craparific things.

I am at least sure you will find a good job eventually, but that will take patience. Hang in there!