Friday, August 10, 2007

College

After dinner I left my parents and went to Hang Fire bar to meet up with a college buddy and his lady friend. It was a nice bar full of youthful non-assholes and it was trivia night. I guess the buddy/ladyfriend go every week. I got to play too. Not that I was very informed in any category where they didn't already know the answer. Though I was pleased to know what Hugo Chavez looks like and what show Angel was a spinoff of. I drank predominantly Stella beers whilst the other two drank some sort of honey infused whiskey with gingerale. Their team ended up coming in second.
Which led to a free pitcher of beer.
It's been three years since I saw the buddy last and it was good to get a little face time and comforting to know that if I moved in Savannah I'd know someone whose company I still actually enjoyed. And if they let me I'd love go to to trivia night more often because I'm sure one day I would know something no one else knew and it would make me feel very good about myself. One day. It was also nice to socialize with people who weren't my parents or my parents' friends. Don't get me wrong, they're all very nice but, well, they aren't necessarily my true peer group now are they? To that end I have finally bought a plane ticket to facilitate my return to Chicago (where I'm sure it's equally hot and stupid).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are most certainly invited to trivia night whenever you want, even if you don't get the job and move to Savannah.