Friday, August 10, 2007

A Bit Better

For dinner we went to Huey's On The River (it's strange how few of these restaurants have websites), a New Orleans styled restaurant on, well, the river and recommended by the college buddy you will see shortly (though I was a bit skeptical since he said that Saigon was one of his favorite restaurants). I had a cup of the gumbo and the fried green tomato appetizer. My parents each had a bowl of the gumbo. My mother then had a baked potato while my father had their shrimp and grits. I liked the gumbo and only added a little hot sauce to it. The cup was a good amount though my serving managed not to include any of the andouille sausage...my father let me have a bit of his and I liked it very much. The fried green tomatoes were good and crispy hot. The remoulade didn't have as much texture as some I've had in the past but it wasn't bad.

No comments: