Monday, March 12, 2007

Visitors=Good Food

The boyfriend flew into O'Hare airport on Thursday night. Friday morning he and I picked up his sister and his sister's boyfriend at Midway airport. Then we went to Turkish Bakery & Cuisine. We sat at the same table as my other visit to the restaurant but we had a different server. I had the shepherd's salad and the Etli Bamya. The salad was lovely, the tomatoes could have been a bit more ripe but I understand.
The etli bamya was good. I remembered really liking it when the boyfriend had it our last visit. This time around I felt like the lamb wasn't as tender as I expected it and, at moments, tasted more like steak. I enjoyed the okra's petite size and density.
The boyfriend had the kasarli pide and I was quite taken with its bready cheesy goodness. The boyfriend's sister and her boyfriend had a zucchini appetizer that wasn't half bad, the best part was the yogurt dipping sauce.

No comments: