Thursday, March 22, 2007

Quest

I go downtown for class early one day a week. It's the one day that I always fight the urge for some breakfast food. But I've decided that I don't have to fight it. I'm now on a quest for the best egg and cheese (most often with bacon) sandwich in a four block radius of school. Last week I tried Au Bon Pain's offer...I was disappointed, blatantly fake egg patty and not very toasted bagel. This week I tried Patty Burger and it was a definite improvement. I was the only person in the place when I ordered and while I waited for my finished product. I was a bit surprised by how long it took (about ten minutes), but I guess if they aren't having a very thriving breakfast trade then pre-starting meals isn't a good idea. The eggs seemed more real and the cheese was more gooey (in that wonderful way that fake cheese goos). It was also strange to have the sandwich served on an untoasted hamburger bun. My small amount of ketchup in addition to the moistness of the eggs led to a soggy and not all that appealing bun.

Hmmm. Well. I've done a revision of an essay that I've been working on (it's about the car window, Veronica Mars and the overall lack of drama in my life) and I'm rather pleased with myself. On Tuesday I received compliments from two different professors about two different pieces and I have, of late, been feeling a bit more optimistic about my writing. The day isn't even half over and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Technically, it's spring break. I have two books to read for next week's classes. So I should do that. But it's nice out. Basically I'm spending time blogging about how I don't know what to do with myself.

Oh! And the television seems to have died. This is a true bummer and there is no explanation for it. If the television doesn't work than I can only watch DVDs on my computer, which I have a feeling will lead to my computer somehow crapping out. But I need my media! I need it desperately. Ugh.

I'm also preparing for Zul the cat. I've read up on how to introduce a cat to a new environment and I'm going to set up my room as his initial territory. The information says that cats rarely start exploring a new space immediately, that they can take weeks or months to acclimate. With Meow Cat this wasn't the case at all. Once invited into my apartment she just roamed a bit then settled. But Zul is not Meow Cat and I'm older now so I know to go about it the right way.

No comments: