Monday, March 26, 2007

Sushi and Beer, Oh My

On Saturday night Tonguethruster, her mother, her mother's gentleman friend, She-Who and I went to Hama Matsu for some sushi. Mmmm. Sushi. I had the old favorites (tobbiko/ikura/white tuna), a Chicago roll (tuna, salmon, avocado) and spicy hamachi with green onion. I also got to try a few of the rolls others ordered, like the one above. I forget what it was called but it was a far more interesting version of a fried maki than, say, House of Sushi and Noodles. A big thank you to Tonguethruster's visitors for the wonderful meal, it was nice, also, to meet them.
After dinner She Who and I walked home whilst Tonguthruster and her posse drove home. We met up at, well, home and had a glass of wine. I was scheduled to meet up with a few Vassarites...in the end it was only one Vassarite (the other returned to his own home in Wisconsin due to an allergic reaction to antibiotics). This one Vassarite is not someone I've ever spent time with without the boyfriend. So I encouraged She-Who to come with me. We went to Edgewater Lounge and it turned out pretty well. Funny conversation, notes passed, things like that. Every time I go to Edgewater I like it.

No comments: