Monday, March 12, 2007

Soup at Trattoria #10

On Thursday I met up with So Misunderstood and M. Lady for lunch at Trattoria #10. It was near where So Misunderstood worked and it was a completely different caliber of restaurant from my usual downtown dining experience. Lots of suits and ties. I was pretty sure many of the other patrons made a fair amount of money and were talking about business or finance. I can't say for sure since I didn't actually listen in on anyone's conversation. Instead I had the soup of the day (mushroom) and the sausage ravioli. The soup was really incredible. The rich, true flavor of slightly upscale mushrooms just, forgive the phrase, melted on your tongue in a taste sensation. My, it was a good soup. I didn't manage to take a good photograph of the ravioli. The dish wasn't bad but its flavor palette wasn't nearly as subtle and rich as that of the soup.

No comments: