Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jackson Park

On Saturday the boyfriend, his sister, her boyfriend and I went to Jackson Park. This expedition is, to date, the farthest south I've gone in Chicago (I know, I'm super lame). We walked around the large and in charge Museum of Science and Industry and made faint whisperings about going inside...but didn't. Once on the back side of the building we got some Jesus geese walk on water and hop up stairs.


Then we meandered over to the lagoon (please say lagoon out loud four or five times to find the beauty and pleasure of the word) and the Osaka garden.


(Rachel, I thought of you and your boots).

This was, pretty much, the last day of traces of ice and snow on the ground. Sure, there are still definitely shards on Lake Michigan but it has been a warm three days (yeah 70 degrees! fight that winter!).

No comments: