Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Movies Forever

Since I left Chicago back in December, I've watched a lot of movies. I think watching moving pictures may, in the end, be my worst addiction. Or not. Anyways, I thought I would show you some photographs that represent a good number of the movies I watched. Starting with....

The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer, starring Cary Grant and Shirley Temple! It was funny! And Cary Grant is sooooooo dreamy (if dead).
Art School Confidential. I was excited to watch this seeing as I'm going to an art school and my college, in some ways, might as well have been one (except we could write essays). But it turned out to be not as funny and kind of tiresome.
I've recently started to watch the Gilmore Girls' back seasons as comfort movies...like Scrubs...but I ran out of Scrubs so I needed a new fix. It's enjoyable.
The Maltese Falcon starring Humphrey Bogart. I was surprised by the ending. I will never find Bogart dreamy.
The Last Kiss. I liked it well enough. It certainly does show how things can go wrong.
How to Steal a Million starring Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn. I don't think I've ever seen O'Toole look this young...I get tired of Hepburn being robed in Givenchy in every scene. Funny, but not that funny.
Cowboy Del Amor. A documentary about a Texan dude who brings American men to Mexico and finds them Mexican wives. You should totally watch this. This guy, some of the things he says are just funny and his perspective on life, at least to me, is different. But he's not a bad guy exactly. It's weird. But in the good weird way.
I Was a Male War Bride, starring my buddy (if dead) Cary Grant. Postwar Europe is the setting for this screwball comedy about the power of the sexes...or something. Relatively funny though my guy wasn't looking as good when dressed up as a gal.
Tsotsi. You see that little caption in the photograph that says 'Hope Set Him Free'? I'm not sure that's an accurate thing to put on this movie's poster. But the movie is good, even if hope didn't set most anybody free.
If you're a girl who can, at times, find sex funny then you should watch the Oh in Ohio. I doubt many dudes will be as amused as my roommate and I were in a few scenes. Parker Posey and Paul Rudd are great. Pretend Mischa Barton is somebody else.
Stick It is great. Jeff Bridges and a bunch of unknown actresses do well in this heartwarming but satirical gymnastics movie. The main lady is hot.
There's something about football movies. Dudes being dudes but caring and deep. The special features were kind of interesting.
Bleh.

1 comment:

cc said...

I can't say that I have. Do any of them star my dreamy man?