Monday, January 08, 2007

It Just Didn't Stop

The weather was, for the first week at least, extraordinary. I would write after breakfast while the boyfriend went out on one expedition or another. I usually found time to take at least a small walk around the area. I once walked a wee bit down one dirt road and decided to sit there and read a book (by the guy a SAIC friend and I will be reading with in April, by the by) in the middle of the road. Which was very nice until I was seen twice by the boyfriend's family...they thought it was weird that I was sitting in the middle of the road...but the thing is that they're roads traveled by very few people and I could see them coming a mile away. That's neither here nor there however. Breakfast was good.
It was followed by a walk on roads like this. I saw birds.

And flowers.
For dinner I tried a new thing: "backstrap". Backstrap is a very tasty piece of deer. This backstrap had been grilled with a piece of bacon wrapped around it. I also had a quail that I liked very much, very moist and tender...not at all tough or gamey. Grits and beans as well.

No comments: