Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Gators Are Dumb

My second night back in Tennessee was spent at Oasis Bar & Grill, watching the OSU/Florida championship game. We were rooting for OSU...and the game started out pretty well on that front.
But then the Florida teams jerseys changed from green to blue....and suddenly they won the game...actually, the television we were watching had the team's jerseys as green the entire time...it was very disconcerting if you looked at another screen and found that they (and all their fans) were actually wearing blue...very disconcerting. It made so much sense for the GATORS to be green. We were one of two small groups watching the game...the other was two blonde thirty something dudes who clearly were on Florida's side.
We had proper football watching fare...wings and onion rings...which were okay. The wings could have been spicier and I actually don't care very much about onion rings. Our server was attentive and personable, though he sometimes came over to see how we were doing when we clearly were watching the game and didn't want to chat.
I was going to have a burger but when I asked for it medium rare our server told me that they only did the burgers well done. So I had what my parents had, an eight ounce ribeye steak with two sides. My sides were a salad and a potato.
The steak wasn't all that good. Nor was the salad. The potato was good. The beer was excellent.
So the game didn't turn out well for the Buckeyes...though in the first, literally, fifteen seconds of the game they made quite a beautiful and efficient touchdown. But things only went down from there. Oh well. Mom sobbed into our pitcher and dad pretended he never thought OSU would win...I giggled.

No comments: