Saturday, January 13, 2007

Chicago Salad

I got back into Chicago around six on Wednesday. My bedroom is still a mess and, since the boyfriend took all three of the things we had hanging on its walls, is a bit lacking in character. I've gained a dresser due to the boyfriend's departure and yet I'm not yet utilizing it in a way that allows me to get rid of the plastic dresser in the closet. Classes don't start until the twenty fifth and so I have time to get organized. Problem is that I am, fundamentally, a lazy bastard and can't seem to get my act together. Perhaps today's the day!
This is the lunch I had yesterday while watching another lovely, funny and so soothing dvd of Scrubs. The salad consisted of: boston lettuce, tomatoes, feta cheese, black olives, cucumbers and avocadoes. The dressing was olive oil, balsamic vinegar, kalamata olive juice and garlic salt.

This post brings me back up to date. Always a rather good and yet scary thing...means I have to keep on eating. I recently read Julie and Julia, a wonderful book about one woman's year long attempt to make all the recipes in Julia Child's Mastering The Art Of French Cooking (or something like that) and the blog she wrote along with it. The book is engaging and funny and makes one want to tackle such a huge project....until one realizes that this woman has already done it. But it's more than just food, it's about life in New York City as a secretary, it's about marriage and friendship, it's about the pull of blogging. It's worth reading and you should go buy a copy. Thanks, mom, for mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The boyfriend here, at CC's behest, to explain that I stayed behind in Georgia for a bit of time out-of-doors, including ecological research and land management work. There is no rift between this blog's author and myself, only 1,000 miles of interstate.