Friday, February 05, 2010

Pork Shoulder

So, with the busy season behind us, my colleagues and I have all had to make a concerted effort to remember how to feed ourselves. This begun, in earnest, for me when I brined that chicken, and continued last Sunday when I cooked a pork shoulder. Behold! The pork shoulder!
Made a sauce of tomato, garlic, chipotle, brown sugar and cider vinegar...and a few other things, then smothered the shoulder in the sauce and cooked, along with mushrooms and carrots, for a long, long time....resulting in tasty, moist porrrrrrrrrk.
Now I need to decide what is on my eating agenda for this week. Probably would make sense to figure that out and take care of it before the epic blizzard but, well, we'll see.

1 comment:

Huckleberry said...

This pork shoulder looks more than delicious. At some point, I will just have to try and make one.