Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cards and Drinks

After work last Friday, L. and I went to Kite and Key. Once there we drank some drinks and played Rummy 500. I had a beer with "Pretty Things" in its title. Actually, I had two. L. ordered a Manhattan, and maybe a second beer that I forget? I believe I trounced her in the game...look, I have the devil's sixes. Heh. Though she regularly beats me at tic-tac-toe poker, so, you know, we come out even in terms of game playing skills. Hm. I wonder if she would beat me in Scrabble. Something to consider.
We then went to Jack's Firehouse. I ordered a Rusty Nail. It was delicious. To me. We met strangers and talked to them for a while, which was nice because they weren't stupid. I strongly feel that there are bars that somehow, through their ambiance and magic, are conducive to good bar conversations. Jack's Firehouse, which is more a restaurant, really, definitely has that kind of spirit. Or it has the three times I have been there drinking.
A good night.

1 comment:

Darts said...

I grimaced at the first sip of the Rusty Nail, but it was tastier at the bottom.

Also, that is the first Rummy 500 game I lost to you in a while!

I suck at Scrabble.

I had fun. <3 Michael B.