Saturday, February 20, 2010

La Roux c/o La Roxxy

Eventually La Roux came on stage. When I called beforehand, to make sure they allowed cameras in the joint, I also asked what time one could expect La Roux to perform. I was told that they would be on between 10 and 12, but, as I said earlier, that ended up false ... there was no La Roux until almost one. As enthusiastic as we were, C. and I didn't brave the pit of humanity to get to the stage, instead we were standing on stairs trying to get a good look. Because my camera seems official, a bouncer ushered me and C. to a little side area of the stage, which gave me a better photograph opportunity that, for the most part, I managed to squander. Here are the best pictures I could take.

She played Bulletproof, In For the Kill and, shoot, C. would know. I had hoped to hear As if By Magic and/or Cover My Eyes, but I'm not surprised that those were not the songs chosen for this quick set in the midst of douchelandia.

Still. All in all. It was totally worth it.

1 comment:

Claire said...

'I'm not your toy' was the third song. Also, I think these pictures turned out really well!