Thursday, February 04, 2010

Happy Hour and Darts in Center City

After we wrung every last drop of strategic professionalism out of ourselves, the majority of us went to Slainte for a company-sponsored happy hour. We ordered pitchers of Miller Lite and a few appetizers (or at least the table at which I was sitting did, I don't know what the second table did, they were a worrrrrld away).
These were 'Awesome Fries,' I had a few, they were pretty good...seemed like they had been fried twice.
There was talking and laughing and smiling. I am pretty sure these two are smiling because I decided to flip my earrings up over my ears and pretend that I was a crazy person. But, hey, what can you do...I. Am. A. Hoot. Chicken tenders and a hummus platter were also ordered, I tried one of the tenders and it was perfectly acceptable. I nibbled on a few olives from the hummus plate but didn't actually try the featured hummus.
Afterwards C., J., M. and I went to Good Dog where we met up with R. and played darts while drinking beer. C. and I were on a team, and we did not win, but we competed admirably for a while.
J. and M. went on their ways home while I went along with C. and R. and R.'s friends to Mission Grill for one final drink before going home. This is me and C. in the back of a taxi cab, there are two other people in the back as well. It was a cold night. Earlier, when I walked to the Cira Center from my house, my balaclava came in handy, otherwise I think my face would have fallen off and into the gutter, where rabid pigeons and rat kings would...ugh nevermind what they might, or might not, do.
Here are three photos of C. and R. that I thought were cute.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a broom on C.'s hat? Do they play quidditch at Haverford?
mc

Claire said...

fact. i was the seeker.