Saturday, February 20, 2010

Brined and Roasted Chicken, Part II

Last weekend I cleaned up my life a little bit. Or, at least my room. I do love my bed, I truly do. Now, if only I could purchase all the paint supplies to enhance my already lovely sleeping space.
Last weekend I also brined a chicken on Saturday, and roasted it on Sunday.
I also cooked some beet greens with garlic and vinegar. Delicious.
I was looking over the blog the other day, going way back into my archives (fancy me, I have archives), and found that my eating habits as of late are extremely repetitive. If I make something at home, there is a good chance that it is a chicken or pork shoulder. If I eat something out, the chances are it's a sandwich or pizza. I miss a greater variety in what I put into my belly. This is something I am working on...I poached a perfect egg last week, that was pretty exciting (though eggs, also, are frequent edibles in my life).

No comments: