Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Day After: Snow in the Art Museum Neighborhood

On Thursday, after all the snow had fallen, I got up early enough to take a walk around the neighborhood before work. Was that Thursday? It was some day last week, not Friday. Regardless, the sun was out, which made the still-fresh snow shine. I wore my sunglasses, taking them off to take pictures and remember the true tone of white. .



Poor Duckie.
The roads were mainly dead. A few cars were out and about, but you could safely walk in the center of many of the streets without having to worry about being run down.

I stopped at Little Pete's Diner and had two eggs and sausage. I didn't really eat the potatoes, because I did not like them. I like my breakfast potatoes on the crisper, cube-ier side of the spectrum of such things. I overheard the conversation of a young Catholic couple and a priest as they had a morning breakfast together. Her sandwich looked good. My eggs and sausage were good.
The snow is still around, but it ain't so pretty at this point. The garbage men didn't come this week, so people have started leaving their recyclables and whatnot out on snow drifts in an attempt not to miss them when they finally come. There must be a website I could go to, in this day and age, to know the schedule. I mean, there has to be a plan of some kind, yes? Yes.

No comments: