Monday, September 22, 2008

Wowza

On Friday still-relatively-fresh-from-Indiana-N. and I decided to meet up for a drink. The bar we planned on going to was too busy. I refuse to go to a bar if there is nowhere for me to sit. So instead we walked a few blocks north to McKenna's. N. had certainly walked by it before, I realized I really need to branch out in terms of my neighborhood walks.

Inside it was busy but not packed, the Phillies vs. Mets game was taking up the majority of the crowd's communication and attention. We ordered our beers and the bartender said the total was four bucks. Admittedly it was Miller Lite and Yuengling, no Duvel or Flat Tire. Still four bucks for two beers on a Friday night at 8 o'clock? Magic! I ordered a sandwich and it came with fries and both elements of the dish were quite good. It was not as cheap at $10-ish. The sandwich had bacon, tomato, grilled chicken, and horse radish mayo;the french fries were crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Or were they more mushy? Nice place until the D.J. showed up with his giant speakers.

No comments: