Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nuff Said

It was shaping up to be a scorcher of a day but it was still early enough that I thought I'd drive to Tyler State Park and take a walk about. Unfortunately I realized, driving into the park, that something was seriously amiss with my car and I was not at all surprised to find that my front left tire was flat upon safe arrival in a parking lot. Let me ask you this. And by you I mean every one of you who ever stops in and reads this blog. How many flat tires have you had in your life? I encourage comments that include the factors involved in the flat tires and your age. For example, I am 26 and I believe that I have had a total of five flat tires between two cars and nine years of driving.
Let us not forget that Duckie, Ambassador Iron Face was only purchased in April. So that's a total of six months before a flat tire. I believe that this sucks balls.

5 comments:

claire said...

I had a run in high school of flat tires - I'm pretty sure I had three flats in one semester. As a result, I can change a flat like a pro.

But I haven't had one (knock wood) since then.

Anonymous said...

Well, Caroline, you have certainly offended the flat tire gods. I've been driving for twice as many years as you have been alive and I've had exactly two flat tires. I doubt that the libations, sacrifices, and exhortations that I employ would work for you; why don't you just buy better tires?

cc said...

Buy better tires! What! I say that the roads should buy better, um, whatever it is that makes flat tires...glass, bolts (that happened once), witch dust, child boogers, etc!

Anonymous said...

We haven't had a flat tire yet with the newest van, but had at least three on the last one after the move south. One in the neighborhood, and two on the road on long road trips. One was in the driving rain ( before we had a cell phone) and was right scary,
mc

Unknown said...

my first car had some tire issues so i'd say the three years i drove it, i had 4, maybe 5 flats, one of them being the day i was moving out into the adult world. the next car i had did not get any flats. the van i've had a long time and just this past month we had a flat but my grandfather works for firestone so with the van he always makes sure i have good tires. and i'm pretty sure the last flat was from potholes on lake shore drive.